University: Parsons School of Design
Degree and Major: Bachelor of Arts in Design and Technology
Minor: Communication Design
Minor: Moving Image Arts
Graduation: May 2023
Jun 2023 - Present
Graphic Designer Donnamax, NY
- Packaging design and creation of dielines for products and displays
- Work on branding and rebranding of new or existing brands
- Design publications such as product catalogs
- Maintenance and re-design the Webflow website
- General graphic design of trade show banners, presentations, flyers etc.
Jul 2022 - Present
Creative Resident The GIANT Room, NY
- Running classes and events relating to STEAM projects for children
- Collaborating with other residents and organizations to operate classes and events offsite
Dec 2021 - May 2023
Tutor The New School Learning Center, NY
- Providing help with computer programming, video editing, 3D modeling and prototyping software
Aug 2021 - May 2023
Student Technician Parsons Making Center, NY
- Help students and faculties setting up their file for 3D printing
May 2021 - Dec 2022
Design Internship Name Glo, NY
- Created 3D prototype experiences to help clients understand the difference between each type of neon installation, which is a regular tool given to customers for help
- Help re-designed the Shopify website for re-brand
- Designed and 3D printed neon accessories
- Made 3D mock up for projects
STEAM Project Facilitator White Plains Public Library, NY
- Ran a coding class on basic p5.js and HTML/CSS as a part of the STEAMy Summer Camp
Branding Committee Lead
Parsons BFA Design and Technology
Award of Excellence
Most Creative in Visual Art Honorable Mention
Quantum Design Jam Parsons x IBM
Adobe Creative Suite
3D Modeling and Animating
Arduino Physical Computing
Traditional Asian Art
◈ Download Yiping's Resume
More About Yiping
Hello! My name is Yiping Dong, currently a BFA student in the Creative Technology path of the major Design and Technology, with minors of Communication Design and Moving Image Art at Parsons School of Design of The New School.
I am interested in many different kinds of work, including but not limited to websites, games, animations, and films.
I also do some fan arts in my spare time, usually in video editing format, which I have 180k+ times of playing on Bilibili.
I am from Beijing, China, but I came to the US to study in middle school, so I can say that I grew up in two different cultures, both of which have a great influence on my work. Because I have been studying in the US for the most time, my professional techniques and theories are heavily influenced by Americans. However, the childhood influence that Chinese culture gave me rooted in my aesthetic.
“Be healthy” and “be happy everyday” are the most common things I say when I am asked to give wishes to others. There are people who are experiencing the torment of depression in my family. Because some of them have changed dramatically, both physically and mentally due to this imperceptible suffering, I think about what I can do to support them. I found life is usually hard and repetitive, but I always appreciate the smallest of pleasant moments. It could be as small as somebody holding the door for me when I have both of my hands occupied or telling a joke during the break of a long day of work. I don’t like talking about people’s pain or showing the trauma in my heart to resonate with others, just let me tell a joke. I believe a cute little joke can make you smile for at least that moment. I also believe in “putting people first” when I am doing design. I hope my design adds to the user’s joy with a nicely designed interface and won’t put them in a panic trying to figure out how to navigate around. I hope no one gets extra difficulties in their life.
I work in many media, they are mostly interactive pieces. The base of my design projects are always usability, then I add some warmth to it. I hope the experience is fluent and attractive. I focus on usability when I design, and make sure it will work for all kinds of people. If you get sick of it, just have fun, it is all I aim for. For my graphic designs and drawings, I hope to impress my audiences, but I am more concerned with them finding my work relaxing and pleasant to look at. I also make some films and animations. I hope my work can make my audience smile, then it is a good piece according to me, not necessarily the deepest story. The fun could be from the graphic, the picture, or maybe just something idiotic that happened. I always hope my audience can appreciate my humor, that is my goal when I try to tell a story.
Keep a smile on your face, try not to get overwhelmed by stress, nothing is unacceptable.
Be happy, be healthy.
My best wishes.